Behind the Mic
Chief Operating Ninja, Host, Curiosity Ninja #8901
Paul O’Rear is a Christian husband, father, minister, author, blogger, speaker, family historian, griever, and amputee (left leg, below-the-knee). He is a collector of books, lover of music, pursuer of truth, and connoisseur of fine guacamole.
- He has spent 30+ years serving in various ministry roles in two Churches of Christ in Texas.
- He and his wife Susan (see below) lost their 14-year-old daughter Ashley to cancer.
- His book, Living With a Broken Heart, chronicles his family’s journey through grief, and some important lessons they learned along the way.
- He is an avid volunteer in his community.
- He has been playing around with audio creation/editing since the days of cassette tapes, and has tinkered with web page design since the early days of the World Wide Web.
He loves doing deep research into topics that interest him, which is where the idea for The Curiosity Channel podcast was born.
Executive Producer, Co-Host, Curiosity Ninja #1
Susan O’Rear is a Christian wife and mother. She loves Hallmark movies, spending time with family, reading, dark chocolate, a big juicy steak cooked medium to medium well, and unsweet tea. (For the longest time, she didn’t like guacamole. Then one day—just out of the blue—she decided that she does like guacamole, and now Paul has to share. She still doesn’t like shrimp, though.)
Susan’s career has been mostly in teaching: from preschool through junior high, including working with Special Needs students. When Justin (Paul and Susan’s son) graduated from high school and went off to college, Susan decided to go to college herself. She worked a full-time job during the day, took college classes at night, earned her Bachelors Degree in four years, then obtained her teaching certification.
She appears from time to time on The Curiosity Channel podcast.
- Ninja Head Logo: “Ninja Black Suit” by Joe Alfaraby from Pixabay. Used by permission pursuant to Pixabay License.
- Behind the Mic Page Cover Art: “condenser microphone with black background photo” by Matt Botsford on Unsplash. Used by permission pursuant to Unsplash License.
- Paul O’Rear Photo: © 2018 Lifetouch. Used by permission.
- Susan O’Rear Photo: © 2018 Lifetouch. Used by permission.
- Become a Member Art: “Smilies Team Together” by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay. Used by permission pursuant to Pixabay License.